10 Best Smart Door Locks 2024 For Apartment
Forget about physical keys, they are becoming obsolete. The future of apartment security is here: smart door locks. A smart door lock allows a resident to access their apartment door with a PIN code or their smartphone, no metal keys required.
If you’re thinking about upgrading to smart door locks, it’s essential to do your homework and find out which model suits your apartment building best. Keep reading to discover the advantages of smart locks and which ones we suggest for properties like yours.
What are smart door locks?
Smart door locks are devices that can lock and unlock doors without using physical keys. They can be controlled by electronic keypads, biometric sensors, access cards, smartphones, voice assistants, or Wi-Fi networks. Smart door locks can offer many advantages over traditional locks, such as convenience, security, and innovation.
Smart door locks benefits
Smart door locks are devices that use electronic or biometric mechanisms to lock and unlock doors, without the need for physical keys. Smart door locks can offer many benefits over traditional physical locks, such as:
- Convenience: Smart door locks can be controlled remotely via smartphones, voice assistants, or other smart devices. Users can grant or revoke access to their homes or offices without being physically present. Users can also monitor the status and history of their locks, and receive alerts or notifications when someone enters or leaves.
- Security: Smart door lockscan provide higher levels of security and protection than traditional physical locks, which can be easily picked, bumped, or duplicated. Smart door lockscan use encryption, authentication, and verification methods to prevent unauthorized access. Smart door locks can also integrate with other security systems, such as cameras, alarms, or sensors, to create a more comprehensive and intelligent security solution.
- Innovation: Smart door lockscan leverage the latest technologies and trends to offer new and improved features and functions. For example, some Smart door lockscan use 3D face recognition, fingerprint scanning, or iris scanning to identify and authenticate users. Some Smart door locks can also use artificial intelligence, machine learning, or blockchain to enhance their performance, reliability, and security.
Therefore, Smart door locks have the potential to replace traditional physical locks in the future, as they can provide more convenience, security, and innovation to users.
In conclusion, Smart door locks will eventually replace traditional physical locks, as they can offer many advantages and opportunities to users.
How smart door locks work
There are different types and models of smart door locks, but they generally have three main components: the mechanical lock, the interface, and the digital keys. The mechanical lock is the part that locks the door, and it can be either a deadbolt or a latch. The interface is the part that communicates with the user and the digital keys, and it can be either a keypad, a smartphone app, or a key fob.
The digital keys are the codes or commands that can lock or unlock the door, and they can be sent or received via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or other wireless protocols. To use a Smart door lock, the user needs to install the lock on the door, connect it to the home’s Wi-Fi network, and download the companion smartphone app.
The user can then create and manage digital keys for themselves and others, such as family members, guests, or service providers. The user can also monitor the status and history of the lock, and receive notifications or alerts when someone accesses the door. The user can also integrate the Smart door lock with other smart home devices or platforms, such as Alexa, Google Home, or Apple HomeKit, which can enable voice control, automation, and personalization.
Types of smart door locks
- Deadbolt:A deadbolt door lock has a deadbolt that must be actively retracted to allow the door to be unlocked.
- Lever: A lever lock uses levers to prevent the bolt from opening the lock.
- Interconnected: An interconnected lock is a lever handle and a deadbolt connected together for single-motion egress.
- Mortise: A mortise lock combines the deadbolt and the latch into one lock. The term ‘mortise’ refers to the rectangular pocket created in the door edge for this lock.
The 10 best smart door locks 2024 for apartment
The wifi electronic door locks provides Free App/Passcode/Key Fobs/Keys/Auto Lock/E-Key/Remote Control/Alexa Voice Control/Real Time Record.could also work with alexa as a alexa door lock. Support wifi connection, Wifi door locks for front door allow you unlock everywhere with no distance limits, physical keys included.
Control your door locks with fingerprint readers,TTLock Smart Phone APP/PC/iWatch, Passcode, Fob and Key. Smart door locks for front door support work with Alexa & Google Home(need a gateway, sold separately). Share the lock by send ekey with family. Generate Permanent, One-time, or Customized passcode, make it more flexible for children, friends or others who wants to entry, bring you a brand-new smart home.
3. SALTO KS XS4
This Smart door lockis a cloud-based access control system that allows users to manage and monitor their doors from anywhere. Users can create and share digital keys with their guests, employees, or service providers, and track their activity in real time. The lock also integrates with other smart devices, such as cameras, intercoms, or alarms, to create a seamless and secure smart building experience.
4. Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt door lock
This smart door lock connects directly to your home’s Wi-Fi network, without the need for a hub or bridge. Users can lock and unlock their doors using their smartphones, voice assistants, or keypads, and set up to 100 access codes for different users. The lock also works with Amazon Key, which allows users to grant access to Amazon delivery drivers to drop off packages inside their homes.
5. August WiFi Smart door lock
This Smart door lockattaches to your existing deadbolt, making it easy to install and use. Users can lock and unlock their doors using their smartphones, voice assistants, or keypads, and grant temporary or permanent access to their guests, family members, or service providers. The lock also has a built-in sensor that can detect if the door is open or closed, and a feature that can automatically lock or unlock the door based on your location.
6. Nest X Yale Lock with Nest Connect
This Smart door lock is a collaboration between Nest and Yale, two of the most trusted brands in smart home and security. Users can lock and unlock their doors using their smartphones, voice assistants, or keypads, and check the status and history of their locks anytime. The lock also integrates with other Nest products, such as cameras, thermostats, or smoke detectors, to create a smarter and safer home.
7. Halo WiFi-Enabled Smart Door Lock
This Smart door lock connects directly to your home’s Wi-Fi network, without the need for a hub or bridge. Users can lock and unlock their doors using their smartphones, voice assistants, or keypads, and create up to 250 access codes for different users. The lock also has a patented advanced SmartKey security feature that protects against common break-in techniques, such as lock picking, bumping, or drilling.
8. Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt
This Smart door lock uses Z-Wave technology to connect to your home’s smart hub, such as Samsung SmartThings, Wink, or Ring. Users can lock and unlock their doors using their smartphones, voice assistants, or keypads, and receive alerts or notifications when someone accesses their doors. The lock also has a built-in alarm that can sound when someone tries to tamper with the lock or force the door open.
9. Obsidian Keywayless Electronic Touchscreen Smart Deadbolt
This Smart door lockis a sleek and modern device that eliminates the need for keys. Users can lock and unlock their doors using their smartphones, voice assistants, or touchscreens, and create up to 30 access codes for different users. The lock also has a SecureScreen technology that prevents fingerprint and code detection on the touchscreen, and a tamper-resistant battery cover that protects the lock from vandalism.
10. Kwikset Kevo Touch-to-Open Smart door lock
This Smart door lock uses Bluetooth technology to connect to your smartphone, and allows you to lock and unlock your door with a simple touch. Users can also use their smartphones, voice assistants, or key fobs.
Why you should invest in Smart door locks
Property access is one of the most important factors that influence residents’ satisfaction and loyalty. That’s why many property managers are looking for ways to upgrade their amenities with smart technology, such as smart video intercoms and smart door locks. These devices appeal to modern renters of all ages who value convenience and security. According to a survey by Entrata, keyless entry is the most wanted smart apartment feature after smart thermostats. Moreover, 45% of renters think that traditional door keys will be outdated in the next 10 years. Investing in Smart door locks is a smart strategy to increase resident retention and reduce turnover.